Apple’s Push Notification Certificate
Apple's Push Notification Certificate (APNs) is the first step to setting up your MDM solution. This step is required in order for the MDM to communicate with your Apple devices.
How to create your Push Certificate
- Log into your Mosyle Business account and navigate to the “Organization” area using the menu at the top.
- Click on Push Certificate located in the Basic Setup section of the menu on the left
- Download the CSR file and open a new tab on the browser to access Apple’s portal (https://identity.apple.com/pushcert)
- Log in with your school’s Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions to create the certificate by uploading the CSR file that was downloaded from Mosyle.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create the certificate by uploading the CSR file that was downloaded from Mosyle.
- Download the generated .PEM file and go back to Mosyle Business.
- Upload the .PEM file within Mosyle Business.
If you do not remember it, or do not have access to it at the time of renewal, you will have to start the process from the beginning and create a new Push Certificate. The Push Certificate must be renewed annually due Apple’s security policies.
How to annually renew your Push Certificate
- Log into your Mosyle Business account and navigate to the Organization tab using the menu at the bottom.
- Click on Renew to start the renewal process.
- Download the CSR file and log into Apple’s portal https://identity.apple.com/pushcert using the same Apple ID that was used to create the Push Certificate.
Tip: match the UID of the Push Certificate in the Mosyle Console with the one in Apple’s Push Portal.
- Download the Push Certificate from the Apple Portal.
- Go back to Mosyle Business and upload the file in the Push Certificate area.
Now that we have set up your Apple’s Push Certificate, let’s integrate your Apple Business Manager account to import your company’s hierarchy, manage your Apps and Books licenses and create Managed Apple IDs for employees. If your company is not enrolled in Apple Business Manager, check the other integration methods to import user data.