Install Books into iPhone/iPad Devices
This distribution can only be done through a user-based license assignment. Because of this, there are a few additional steps that need to be done in order for the Book license to properly be associated with the device so it can be installed.
Invite users to Apple Apps and Books
- In your Mosyle account, click on “Management” from the menu along the top.
- From the menu on the left, select “Apple Apps and Books”, then click on your Apple Apps and Books account and select “Invites” from the menu at the top.
- Click on the “Send Invites” button and select the end-users to send the invite to. If any of the users have Managed Apple IDs, then check the option “Use Managed Apple ID when available”.
- If users do not have Managed Apple IDs, just select the option “Send email invitations”. The user must accept the invite in order to receive the books on their devices.
- To complete it, click “Generate Invitations”.
Create the Install Book profile
After the selected users have accepted the Apps and Books invitation, you can create the management profile to distribute the Book licenses to users and install the books.
- Click on “Management” from the menu at the top, select “Install Book” on the left and click “Add new profile”. Name the profile, then select the installation source using the drop down menu. Select “Add Book”.
- Once you have chosen the Book, close out of the menu and hit “Show advanced options”. Here you can decide to auto install the book.
- Choose the users who will receive the book and click “Save”.
Once the licenses have been validated by the Apple Business Manager account, the commands to install the book will be on the iPads. To complete the installation, the user must be signed into the App Store and iBooks, and the iPad must be online, unlocked and remain connected to the internet to finish the installation.