Apple is releasing new operating systems for iPhones, iPads and Mac computers throughout the next month. This means that it’s time to update the operating system of your corporate iPhone devices, or, in some cases, delay this update. Using an Apple mobile device management solution helps streamline this process, saving you time and effort.
In this article, we’ll go over how to remotely update the OS on your Apple devices for iOS 13, how to delay the OS and why that’s a common option for IT specialists.
How to update devices to iOS 13 using the MDM solution
If you’re looking to update your devices to iOS 13, you can do so using Mosyle Business.
- Log in to Mosyle Business and navigate to the Management tab using the menu at the top
- Click on Devices located in the menu to the left
- Select the devices you want to update and click on Update iOS
It’s as easy as that, and you can select multiple devices to update. But in some cases, delaying the OS upgrade is also a viable option.
Why you might want to delay the OS upgrade
While we recommend upgrading the OS, there are cases where you might want to delay the upgrade. For example, IT teams can test new features before deploying an upgrade to all employees’ devices. This makes it easier for IT teams to ensure that everything is up and running and that the tools/software that are regularly used haven’t been changed by the upgrade.
It’s also possible that, if employees upgraded the OS all at the same time at the workplace, that this would consume a lot of network bandwidth. This would affect the company’s other operations that require an optimized network, especially considering that MDM solutions need proper network configurations for features to work, such as sending commands.
How to delay the OS upgrade using an MDM solution
If you’d like to delay the iOS 13 upgrade, you can do that using your MDM solution since most provide a way to do this. If your Apple device management solution is Mosyle Business, we provide a management profile which an IT admin can use to delay the software. Employees won’t be notified of the update until it’s made available to them after the delay.
Keep in mind that the software can be delayed for up to 90 days after its release data.
If your MDM solution is Mosyle Business, you can follow the steps below to delay the OS upgrade:
- Log in to the platform and navigate to the Management tab using the menu at the top
- Scroll down to Software Delay located in the menu to the left
- Click Add new profile and add a profile name
- Choose the number of days that the software will be delayed
- Add a Profile Assignment and select which users/devices you want the profile to be applied to
- Using the dropdown menu, define the Profile Scope and click Save when finished
Important note: make sure to configure the management profile on your MDM solution before users update their devices to the OS upgraded version.
How to remotely update the Apple OS for Mac computers using a device management solution
You can remotely update your Mac computers using Mosyle Business. This feature is only available for macOS devices, so if you’re looking to update your devices to macOS Catalina once it’s released you can follow the steps below:
- Once you’ve logged into the Mosyle platform, navigate to the Management tab using the menu at the top.
- Scroll down to "Software Update" using the menu on the left.
- Click "Add new profile" and fill out the Profile Name and server
- Choose which users or devices you want to receive this profile by clicking Add Assignment
- Select the Profile Scope using the dropdown menu and click Save when you’re done
Heads up: This feature is only available for supervised devices, with iOS 11.3 or macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.
The new OS updates released by Apple are important to install since they often provide security patches that can help keep your devices secure. Make updating your fleet of devices or delaying software updates easier with an MDM solution.