There’s a lot of details to pay attention to when considering the communication between the network connection and the MDM server. So, how can the IT department quickly test it to identify where the problem is?
Analyze the number of devices involved in the issue. If the issue is occurring for only on a few Apple devices, we recommend simply restarting the devices and manually reconnecting the Wifi.
If the issue seems to be more widespread, take the following steps to troubleshoot so you can identify how you can optimize your network:
1) Check out the last MDM connection date by navigating through the Management area within Mosyle Business;
2) If the MDM connection is recent, check for any Alerts using the Management tab. Look out for Alerts such as: MDM is disabled and/or devices without internet connection;
3) To conduct a real time connection test, request Update Info for the device using the Management tab;
4) Check if the MDM connection status changed. If it hasn’t, we highly recommend you repeat this process after connecting the devices to a hotspot network, such as your iPhone connection;
5) If you have a caching server on-site, we'd recommend you either turn it off or connect your devices to another network as troubleshoot. It's possible there is an outdated version of the app cached which could be causing a conflict.
6) If it works correctly when using the Hotspot, check out your network configuration, following the settings we present in this guide and making sure the TCP ports are allowed and the proxy domains are accessible.